Updated: June 14, 2021
Dear Valued Clients,
At Villa Eyrie Resort, we pride ourselves on providing all of our valued guests with an exceptional hospitality experience. This pride guides us each and every day to adapt and come out stronger than ever before. With that in mind, we have made numerous alterations to our current operating processes and procedures to ensure the safety of all of our guests and our entire team, which remains our highest priority.
We applaud and appreciate the dedicated healthcare workers and law enforcement who keep us safe and our local community supporters who keep businesses going. Thank you for putting your trust in Villa Eyrie Resort. Our action plan will be monitored daily and adjusted accordingly as needed.
Villa Eyrie Resort is the proud recipient of the World Travel & Tourism Council Safe Travel Designation. This designation recognizes destinations and tourism businesses around the world that have adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols to ensure visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience. To learn more visit Tourism Victoria Here.
The following outlines some of those safety measures:
The Villa Eyrie Resort is operating under the recommendations and current order from the BC Health Authority. All employees and guests are required to wear masks within all common areas inside the property. If guests outside are not able to safely social distance from other guests, they will also be required to wear masks outdoors. The only exemptions include:
- While seated at the dining table in Alpina Restaurant
- Those who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own
- Children under 2 years of age
- Guests who cannot wear masks for health reasons
Guests are now required to take a temperature check upon arrival to ensure the safety of all our guests and team members. We reserve the right to turn away guests who appear to show any symptoms of COVID or if they are travelling outside of their province for non-essential travel.
- We are reinforcing recommendations provided by the appropriate health and safety requirements throughout our operations in addition to many others as outlined in our operational processes. (see below)
- Strict and thorough cleaning and sanitization of all touch-points including all surfaces, common areas, public washrooms, team work stations, tables, chairs, payment machines, kitchen, guest rooms, public areas, in-room amenities, dining materials, and all other guest facing components.
- All dishware, silverware, table-top items are washed at the highest temperature/sanitizing settings following instructions and recommendations by Health Canada.
- The Tuscan Spa is open by appointment only to allocate the proper amount of time in between guests to sanitize all surfaces, machines, treatment rooms and washrooms.
- Our indoor mineral pool is closed to ensure the safety of all our guests.
- Gym facility is available by appointment only and only guests within the same room will be permitted access at the same time.
On-Site Safety Requirements:
- Signage is displayed throughout the business to highlight proper hand washing, prevention, best practices and proper social distancing.
- We require proper social distancing during daily interactions and we kindly ask all to refrain from hand shaking and other forms of physical greetings.
- Temperature checks and a health assessment questionnaire for all staff members will be performed daily.
- Common areas with limited spacing require a maximum of two guests at a time and in smaller areas, one guest is permitted to pass before another can safely proceed.
- Take-out containers, disposable cutlery and disposable cups will be used for all in-room dining options.
- All staff members within Alpina Restaurant are required to wear masks at all times. They are required to practice frequent hand washing throughout their shift, especially in between and prior to food service of each guest.
- At this time, for the safety of our guests and our employees during COVID-19, and under the advisement of the BC Health Authority, we are not permitted to enter a room occupied by a guest without their prior permission. Guests are also required to vacate the room prior to entering. Guests will be required to visit front desk for ‘additional’ amenities and supplies beyond what has already been placed in their rooms. When a guest wishes for the used items to be picked up, simply call Guest Services and we will arrange to have them picked up outside your door.
- Deliveries to rooms are subject to availability as we do have reduced staffing levels at this time. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Current “resort fees” are applied for increased COVID measures for additional room cleaning measures and all resort areas including but not limited to the spa, gym, additional sanitization, disposable masks for guests and employees, complimentary wifi, complimentary parking, increased cleaning, and other amenities.
- View these documents highlighting all of our procedures:
As a friendly reminder, all non-essential travel should still be avoided outside of BC as per the recommendations by the BC Health Authority.
We recognize that COVID-19 has encouraged all of us to be more mindful as we carry on throughout our day. At Villa Eyrie Resort, our team is committed to achieving the highest standards of hygiene and sanitization so you can have peace of mind during your stay.
We appreciate that this may be the “new normal” for an extended period of time and we would like to assure you that your safety and experience remain our first priority. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 1-250-856-0188 or by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
The Villa Eyrie Resort Team