Updated: September 13, 2021
Dear Valued Clients,
At Villa Eyrie Resort, we pride ourselves on providing all of our valued guests with an exceptional hospitality experience. This pride guides us each and every day to adapt and come out stronger than ever before. We want to take this opportunity to also thank all of our many guests and wonderful supporters who have helped us through the last 18 months. We are so thankful to have met you all and to have taken this journey together and come out stronger than ever before. Over the last year, we have had many challenges, not only within our workplace, our communities and our lives but we have also had some amazing highlights. We as a country, city and community have come together to ensure the health and safety of our loved ones and we thank you. Overall, as a result, we have made numerous alterations to our operating processes and procedures to ensure the safety of all of our guests and our entire team, which still today remains our highest priority.
We applaud and appreciate the dedicated healthcare workers and law enforcement who keep us safe and our local community supporters who keep businesses going. Thank you for putting your trust in Villa Eyrie Resort. Our action plan will continue to be monitored daily and adjusted accordingly as needed to ensure our guests feel comfortable with the new protocols before we make any further changes.
A very special thank you to Destination Greater Victoria as well for acknowledging the Villa Eyrie Resort with the World Travel & Tourism Council Safe Travel Designation. This designation recognizes destinations and tourism businesses around the world that have adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols to ensure visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience. To learn more visit Tourism Victoria Here.
The following outlines some of the safety measures we will continue to practice:
The Villa Eyrie Resort is operating under the recommendations and current order from the BC Health Authority. All employees and guests of the resort are required to wear masks within all common areas inside the property. We still encourage all guests to practice safe social distancing from other guests out of the respect for others. More recently, some addition changes include:
- All guests of the Villa Eyrie Resort, Tuscan Spa and Alpina Restaurant will now require proof of vaccination for their first dose at time of arrival. Proof of full vaccination will be required by October 23, 2021. We reserve the right to turn away guests who are unable to provide proof of vaccination, who appear to show any symptoms of COVID or who do not respect the space of others and the rules we enforce.
- Our guaranteed check-in time is 5:00pm daily. Should you wish for an earlier check-in, please advise our teams prior to arrival and we will do our best to accommodate. However, as we are currently short on staff, early check-ins and later check-outs may not always be available.
- Our check out time is at 10:00am on the day of your departure.
- For the safety of all of our guests and our team members, we are currently unable to offer turndown service or stay over service. Additional amenities will be available upon request and within your rooms for multi-night stays. Delivery to your room is available, however, we do advise wait times may take longer than normal due to current staffing levels. Guests are welcome to pick up any additional amenities at Guest Services should they require them immediately. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
- We are reinforcing recommendations provided by the appropriate health and safety requirements throughout our operations in addition to many others as outlined in our operational processes. (see below)
- Strict and thorough cleaning and sanitization of all touch-points including all surfaces, common areas, public washrooms, team work stations, tables, chairs, payment machines, kitchen, guest rooms, public areas, in-room amenities, dining materials, and all other guest facing components.
- All dish ware, silverware, table-top items are washed at the highest temperature/sanitizing settings following instructions and recommendations by Health Canada.
- The Tuscan Spa is open by appointment only to allocate the proper amount of time in between guests to sanitize all surfaces, machines, treatment rooms and washrooms. At this time, the spa lounge also remains closed for the safety of our team members and our guests.
- Our indoor mineral pool is still currently closed due to the rise in cases and the result of other hotels having exposures in their pools.
- Gym facility is available by appointment only and only guests within the same room will be permitted access at the same time.
On-Site Safety Requirements:
- Signage is displayed throughout the business to highlight proper hand washing, prevention, best practices and proper social distancing.
- We strongly recommend proper social distancing during daily interactions.
- Take-out containers, disposable cutlery and disposable cups will be used for all in-room dining options with the exception of prior arrangements.
- All staff members within Alpina Restaurant are required to practice frequent hand washing throughout their shift, especially in between and prior to food service of each guest.
- At this time, for the safety of our guests and our employees during COVID-19, and under the advisement of the BC Health Authority, we are not permitted to enter a room occupied by a guest without their prior permission.
- Turn down service from housekeeping is not available at this time due to our safety measures as well as labour shortage.
- Deliveries to rooms are subject to availability as we do have reduced staffing levels at this time. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- View these documents highlighting all of our procedures:
We recognize that COVID-19 has encouraged all of us to be more mindful as we carry on throughout our day. At Villa Eyrie Resort, our team is committed to achieving the highest standards of hygiene and sanitization so you can have peace of mind during your stay.
We appreciate that this may be the “new normal” for an extended period of time and we would like to assure you that your safety and experience remain our first priority. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 1-250-856-0188 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
The Villa Eyrie Resort Team